If you have started experiencing problems with your Windows device, then you might be missing drivers. There are many software to detect missing drivers available out there and you must do it asap. Every device needs a driver to work and if your Windows is missing any of them, your hardware/software won’t work properly. In that case, you need to do a computer driver check and install missing drivers. If you don’t have any prior experience in installing the drivers on Windows then you don’t have to worry about anything. Doing so is very simple and you can do it via Windows Update too.
Here in this post, we are going to tell you everything about how to find drivers on Windows 10. Not only this but you will also get to know where to find drivers if your device is missing any of them. It doesn’t matter which version of Windows you are using, you can always follow the methods mentioned below to check computer drivers. Remember that this post is only about Windows and if you are on a different operating system like macOS or Linux, then it will not work for you. If you still want to know how to check what drivers are installed, you can download a third-party driver checker and downloader.
- Also Read About: Fix GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003
- 1 What Is A Driver On A Computer?
- 2 How To Find Missing Drivers Windows 10/8.1/7
- 3 FAQs Related To Driver Scan In Windows
What Is A Driver On A Computer?
Every hardware or device you connect with your device needs a driver to communicate with the system. From keyboard to mouse and printer, every device will need a driver to perform correctly. When you attach a new device to your Windows OS for the first time, the drivers required to make that device work gets installed automatically. A driver can also be termed as a mediator between the application and the hardware. Whenever a device sends any action to the system, the driver rushes to make it work smoothly. It transmits the data from the external device to the application and vice versa.
Why You Must Find Missing Drivers Windows 10?
You must detect missing drivers on Windows and fix them asap to make your devices work smoothly. If a driver gets corrupted, uninstalled, or disabled by the system, then that particular device might not work properly or you may get a Device Descriptor Request Failed error. Here are some possible things that can happen when your Windows device drivers are missing:
- Software complications.
- The device won’t work partially or at all.
- Windows might crash often.
- Issues with other connected devices.
- Lack of security.
How To Find Missing Drivers Windows 10/8.1/7
Use The Device Manager
If you are thinking about how to check what drivers I have, then you can simply use the Device Manager app for it. The good thing here is that you can also install and update the drivers using the same app. Below we have mentioned a step-by-step procedure on how to find missing drivers in Windows 10 and install them automatically.
- First of all, Right-Click on the Start button.
- Click on Device Manager to open it.
- Find the devices with Yellow Exclamation Mark on them. These are the devices with no/missing drivers.
- Right-click on each device and click Update Driver.
- You will now have 2 options to update drivers.
- Search Automatically For Drivers – This will let Windows search drivers for that device on the internet and install it for you.
- Browse My Computer For Drivers – This option will let you choose a file/folder that has a driver for that particular device. Windows will install the required drivers from that file/folder for you.
- Once the drivers are installed, restart your system to make changes.
Check Computer Drivers Using Third-Party Tools
It doesn’t matter if you want to know how to find out what driver I have? or how to update drivers on Windows, third-party driver tools will help you out. There are tons of driver updater software available out there but the best among all is Driver Booster. This tool from IObit will help you in finding missing drivers and in installing them too. There are many other good features available in this tool that can help you in fixing minor issues with your hardware and drivers. Here’s how you can use it to download and install missing drivers on Windows.
- First of all, download Driver Booster from its official website – https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php
- Now, install it and open the program.
- Simply, click on Scan and wait for the scanning to finish.
- A list of all available driver updates will be shown to you.
- Click on Update Now to update all of the available driver updates.
- If you want, then you can also Check/Uncheck drivers to install and not install them respectively.
Windows 10 Install Missing Driver
Windows 10 comes with a built-in troubleshooter that can help you in fixing issues with your devices and drivers. If you don’t want to install or do anything manually, then you can take the help of this tool to install and fix driver problems. It can also be used to fix the DPC Watchdog Violation problem on Windows. Here’s how to find out what driver I have and fix them using the Troubleshooter.
- Click on the Start button and click on Settings.
- Now, select Update and Security.
- In the left-side pane, click on Troubleshoot.
- Find and click on the Additional Troubleshooters option.
- Select the device you are having a problem with and click on the Run The Troubleshooter option available under it.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Once it is done, you will be shown a couple of ways to fix the issue.
FAQs Related To Driver Scan In Windows
How To Check Drivers On Windows 10
There are two ways on how to see what drivers are installed on a Windows machine. 1. By using the Device Manager, 2. By using third-party tools. Both of these options are good and if you are a novice user of Windows, then you might need to go with the 2nd option as it is easier than the first one.
How To Check For Driver Updates
You can either use the Device Manager to check or use Driver Booster. It is a driver updater program that allows you to check for missing and outdated drivers on your Windows. Driver Booster also helps you in fixing the issues related to drivers. You can also check drivers Windows 10 using the Windows Update function.
How To Check If Drivers Are Up To Date
The Driver Booster software keeps a track of the drivers installed on a Windows device. Whenever a new update is available, it will notify you for the same. You can simply click on the Download button to download the driver and install it automatically.
How To Find and Install Missing Drivers For Free?
Download Driver Booster.
Click on Scan For Drivers.
Download any missing drivers.
Restart your system to make changes.
How Do I Enable Hidden Drivers?
First of all, go to Device Manager then click on the View button on the Menu Bar. On this list, click on Show Hidden Devices. If you want to update the driver of the device, click on Update Driver, else you can Uninstall Driver and let Windows install its driver itself.
So, this is all about how to check if drivers are up to date Windows 10 and we hope you have found this post useful. There are many methods available out there to check for missing drivers in Windows but beware of the fake driver updater software that might try to steal other tools on your Windows with them.
You can always use the tools and software mentioned above to do a driver scan in Windows. We will keep this post updated with more ways to check drivers Windows 7, so keep visiting Danial Tech Blog to know about it. If you know any other working way for Windows 10 check drivers, let us know about it too.