If you want to know how to delete Instagram account, then you have landed on the correct page. It doesn’t matter if you are looking for Instagram deactivate steps or you want to permanently delete Instagram account, we’ve got you covered. Many people out there are using Instagram but don’t know how to delete Instagram profiles. Signing up on Instagram is very easy and you can do that just by entering your required Instagram username, password, and email. Somehow you got bored from Instagram or you want to detox your life, then you might be interested in knowing how to delete your Instagram account.
Here in this post, we are going to tell you everything about how to delete an Instagram account. We will also tell you how to disable Instagram account if you are thinking of not deleting it permanently. This post is not for those who want to know how to remove Instagram account from phone because that can be done directly from the Instagram Settings menu. Also, you can simply clear the Data of Instagram app on your phone to get rid of all of your accounts. Doing so will remove all logged-in accounts at once. So, let’s talk about how do you delete an Instagram account now.
- Also Read About: How To Delete TikTok Account
- 1 How To Delete An Instagram Account [2 Methods]
- 2 FAQs Related To Instagram Account Delete
How To Delete An Instagram Account [2 Methods]
How To Delete Instagram Account Permanently
First things first. If you want to know how do I delete an Instagram account, then you just have to follow the steps mentioned below. This method to do Instagram delete account is pretty much easier and you can do it in just a few clicks. Also, remember to take a full backup of your account before deleting it because once your Instagram account is deleted, you won’t be able to get your data. Also, make sure you have removed or notified your followers and friends about Instagram account delete because they won’t be able to search or tag you in Instagram posts/comments even if you deactivate your account.
- First of all, log in to your Instagram account on a desktop PC.
- Now, click on this link – Delete Instagram Account Page.
- You will land on the Delete Your Account page.
- Select one option from the Drop-Down menu about Why Do You Want To Delete (username)?
Based on your answer, Instagram will give you links to some of its contents which you can open to get rid of that particular issue. Though, if you are deleting Instagram without any reason, then you can select Something Else from the list.
- You will be asked to enter your Password.
- Enter your Instagram password and click on Delete (username) button.
- Instagram will also tell you when your account will be deleted permanently.
- Also Read About: How To Change Facebook Page Name
How To Temporarily Disable Instagram
If you are not impressed by the how to delete IG account method mentioned above, you can try this method instead. Although it is a long way but it will also delete your Instagram account permanently. Even if you are looking for how to delete Instagram account in app, you can follow this method. No one will be able to use the same email and username that is associated with your account, so be assured that your account is deleted permanently. Right now, the only official way to delete Instagram account is mentioned below.
- First of all, log in to your Instagram account.
- Now visit your Instagram profile page.
- Click on Settings (gear icon).
- A pop-up will appear on your screen. Click on any option (we will recommend Apps and Websites).
- A new page will appear on your screen, simply click on Edit Profile from the left menu.
- Scroll all the way down and click on Temporarily Disable My Account option.
- You will be taken to a new page. Here, select one option in the Why Are You Disabling Your Account option and Enter Your Password in the given field.
- Once done, click on the Temporarily Disable Account button.
Your account will be disabled and it will be kept hidden from the searches and tags. When you want to start your account again, simply log in with your credentials and it will again start working as a normal Instagram account.
FAQs Related To Instagram Account Delete
Can You Deactivate Instagram?
Yes, you can deactivate Instagram account if you don’t want to permanently delete it. Login to Instagram, then visit your profile page. Click on the Settings icon and select any option from the list. On the left side, click on Edit Profile, then scroll down and click on the Temporarily Disable My Account option.
How To Delete Instagram Account On iPhone?
To delete Instagram account on iPhone, you can follow the account deletion guide mentioned on our page. The Instagram account delete direct link will work for all devices like Android, iPhone, Windows, MAC, and others. You can also visit the Instagram settings to get it done.
How To Backup Before Deleting Instagram Account?
If you want to take a backup of your Instagram account before deleting it you can visit Instagram Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Data Download (Request Download). You will get a link on your email to download all of your uploaded photos and videos.
Can You Close Instagram Account?
Closing or deleting Instagram account can be done from the Settings menu. Alternatively, you can also visit the official Instagram Help Center to know how to temporarily disable Instagram account page. Once disabled, you will have 30 days to regain access to your account.
So, this is how to delete Instagram permanently and we hope now you know how to delete my Instagram account from the app or website. Though there are third-party websites and apps available to delete your social media sites accounts but we will recommend you to stick with the ways we have mentioned above.
We will keep this post updated with more information like how to delete Instagram page, so keep visiting Danial Tech Blog to know about it. If you are facing any issues in deleting Instagram account or you have any questions related to the delete Instagram account page, feel free to ask us for help via the comments below.